Performance Testing Engineer
San Jose Metro Area, California
Our Client likes to help our customers by transforming the way they manage their physical, virtual and cloud computing environments. Hundreds of customers use our platform every day to proactively test, monitor status, improve performance, diagnose and troubleshoot issues and outage in software, infrastructure and operations.
Our team is seeking a highly-motivated Performance Engineer in test for the world-class product line. The candidate will work closely with other test developers as well as the client s engineering team to test the performance and scalability of the product.
- Reviewing project specifications and working with project team to understand the performance requirements of the project, including the system architecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases.
- Generating performance test plans to validate the performance requirements as per the system/performance specifications.
- Generating load patterns and models based on past and projected load numbers.
- Developing scripts and executing the performance tests to estimate the performance metrics of the system.
- Critically analyze scalability and performance requirements and design and develop feature rich test cases to test the product under stress.
- During development, assess performance vs. design targets and help product development.
- Develop and maintain test scripts and automation used for data analysis and reporting.
- Identifying, analyzing, and documenting any defects discovered during testing.
- Automation script development for performance benchmarking and test the scalability limits of VI Products.
- Ability to identify performance anomalies from collected metrics using data analysis skills.
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to load simulated test data to test environments.
- Experience with VM (and/or container) deployments and hypervisor.
- Strong ability to debug in complex development environment.
- Experience analyzing performance characteristics of distributed software architectures
- Good knowledge of latest trends in Performance testing and benchmarking
- Advanced programming skills in Python, Perl/Bash
- Good understanding of storage-related technologies such as Fiber Channel, NAS, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS
- Strong understanding of the internals of the operating system, especially Linux
- Experience with Graphite, Grafana or net data
- Performance testing for enterprise product and experience with performance tools
- Bachelor's or Master's degree is CS or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience.