QA MANAGER (FTE)
Santa Clara Area, California
The QA Manager is responsible for testing and reviewing pre-release pages against a list of internal standards, filing and screening bug reports, and providing QA approval before the pages go live. In addition, the QA Manager is tasked to improve the QA testing process by updating QA standards, communicating QA requirements, explaining development concepts to other QA Engineers and developing/maintaining relationships with key members of the development team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong programming background for designing and developing internal testing tools and web interfaces (required).
Strong communications skills, a demonstrated history of approaching responsibilities with commitment, outstanding attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are vital. Much of the work in this dynamic environment is deadline-driven; the QA manager needs to be able to adjust to changing priorities. An unwavering 'can-do' attitude and a willingness to work collaboratively to do whatever is required are critical success factors. A technical leader who understands the importance of QA, is passionate about cutting edge web technologies and wants to lead a QA team is critical.
- Improve the quality assurance strategies and standards for HPE.
- Participate in hands-on testing for new releases for our client's website as well as internal applications as needed.
- Develop web interfaces to existing test scripts and other internal testing tools.
- Partner with the development teams to create a common approach to testing.
- Screen bug reports to improve their accuracy, quality and filter out duplicates.
- Analyze and determine an appropriate testing strategy.
- Highlight opportunities for automated testing, provide ideas, recommendations and proposed solutions for increasing efficiency of testing work.
- Extensive knowledge of software quality assurance, including the ability to plan a test effort, identify test cases, create manual and automated tests and evaluate coverage.
- Knowledge of automated web testing tools and techniques is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience.
- Good visual and creative skills and a passion for working front end and backend systems
- Ability to assess and articulate the risk of a release and plan the appropriate level of testing.
- Ability to pick up new responsibilities quickly and improve processes.
- Experience working closely with quality assurance and development teams on large-scale web sites.
- Deep understanding of multiple browser variations and rendering engines:
- Experience developing and testing websites for mobile devices, including iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Experience writing code in a scripting and/or programming language like PHP, Ruby, Perl or Python is preferred.
- Familiarity with testing requirements needed with web content management systems is a plus.