Sr. Wireless Network Eng
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Please send your resume and contact details to email@example.com
The Senior Wireless Network Engineer will be responsible for delivering wireless network solutions offered by the Client. This person will report directly to the Director of Professional Services and work with a team of individuals focused on primarily delivering, and secondarily selling, wireless network solutions.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as a subject matter expert in wireless network solutions.
- Primarily, act as technical lead or individual contributor on Professional Services project delivery teams.
- Secondarily, act as a technical liaison between the customer, sales team and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting sales and other engineers with the development of proposals, quotations, architectures and presentations.
- Mentor peer and cross-functional engineers in learning, implementing, and operating solutions.
5-10 years of practical industry knowledge (implementation and operations).
- 2-3 years of sales experience at a reseller or manufacture.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with wireless network and security engineering (design, migration, implementation, operation)
- Knowledge of wireless network engineering tools
- Experienced in WLAN delivery and implementation
- Experience on Cisco WLC and Aruba IAP, Campus controller deployments
- Deep knowledge of Cisco and Aruba WLC feature sets, design, configuration, and deep-dive troubleshooting
- Knowledge of enterprise based wireless components
- Strong understanding of enterprise routing/switching
- Strong understanding of general network security
- Implementation and troubleshooting of ISE and MSEs appliances
- Implementation and troubleshooting on Cisco Unified Wireless Network
- Implementation and troubleshooting of wireless guest access
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Active/Passive RFID technology
- Implementation and troubleshooting Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Implementation and troubleshooting Mobility Services Engine
- Experience with CMX features is desirable
- Performing wireless site surveys and network assessments
- Comfortable assisting and engaging with the sales team on new and existing opportunities.
- Practical deployment, design and operations of security for wireless network solutions is highly desirable.
- Comfortable recommending technologies related to customer needs.
3+ years of post-sales professional services project delivery experience, and 2+ years of professional, solution-based pre-sales experience within the hardware/software industry preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with people or work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred Bachelor s degree in Science/Engineering (not required with relevant work experience)
- Certifications related to wireless technologies such as CCNA-Wireless, CCNP-Wireless, CWNA, CMNA, ACMA and ACMP preferred.
- Other appropriate IT recognized certifications desired. Must be willing to obtain certifications.
- Broad understanding of cloud, virtualization, systems and storage infrastructure technologies and products.
- Flexible work schedule depending on project/customer requirements.
Work principally performed in an office (employer, partner or customers) and may involve some time in a computer laboratory environment (Data Center or proof of concept lab)
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking are required.
- Required to stand or sit for long periods of time. Ability to work effectively on a computer for long periods of time.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in high-pressure environments
Technical Recruiter | MindSource
650-457-0110 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MindSource, Inc. | 555 Clyde Avenue, Suite 100 | Mountain View, CA 94043 | Ph (650) 314-6400 | Fax (650) 314-6434 | www.mindsource.com