Post Sales Solution Architect
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
Act as a subject matter expert around cloud solutions, specifically AWS.
Primarily, act as technical lead or individual contributor on Professional Services project delivery teams.
Secondarily, act as a technical liaison between the customer, sales team and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting sales and other engineers with the development of proposals, quotations, architectures and presentations.
Mentor peer and cross-functional engineers in learning, implementing, and operating solutions.
Essential Core Competencies:
5-10 years of practical industry knowledge (implementation and operations).
2-3 years of sales experience at a reseller or manufacture.
Must have 2-3 years of experience with AWS (design, migration, implementation, operation)
Experience with other public cloud services a plus: Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud.
Comfortable assisting and engaging with the sales team on new and existing opportunities.
Practical deployment, design and operations of security for cloud solutions is highly desirable.
Comfortable recommending technologies related to customer s needs.
Linux/Unix skills in administration, configuration, installation, design and maintenance are required.
Scripting and automation skills are highly desirable. Python, PowerCLI, Chef, Puppet, Terraform and other platforms are a plus.
Knowledge around monitoring and Analytics tools such as Splunk, DataDog, ThousandEyes, OMS, and NewRelic.
Experience with Identity, Access, and Management tools such as Active Directory and SSO solutions like Azure AD, Okta, Ping, Onelogin, ADFS etc.
Familiar with tools such as Git, GitHub, VS, VSTS, BitBucket, Confluence, Jira, Slack, Visio, etc.
Familiar with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, VSTS, Bamboo, etc.
Additional Position Requirement and Specifications:
- Would prefer 3+ years of post-sales professional services project delivery experience, and 2+ years of professional, solution-based pre-sales experience within the hardware/software industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with people or work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred Bachelor s degree in Science/Engineering (not required with relevant work experience)
- Appropriate IT recognized certifications desired. Must be willing to obtain certifications.
- Broad understanding of operating systems, hypervisors, public, private, hybrid cloud platforms.
- Flexible work schedule depending on project/customer requirements.
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:
- Work principally performed in an office (employer, partner or customers) and may involve some time in a computer laboratory environment (Data Center or proof of concept lab)
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking are required.
- Required to stand or sit for long periods of time. Ability to work effectively on a computer for long periods of time.