Senior Software Engineer
San Jose Metro Area, CA
To implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, high availability, and operation excellence goals.
Candidate must possess strong knowledge of best practices regarding platform/ecosystem/software architecture and performance. Able to both educate other team members as well as organize/lead others in implementation of such.
- Proficiency in Java (1.7 or later), JUnit, Spring Boot, REST, GSON/Jackson
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principle
- Good understanding of factors influencing performance of micro services at multiple layers including network, CPU utilization, JVM tuning, memory management, thread management, database connection pooling, query performance etc.
- Experience using backend technologies such as, MySQL, NoSql, HBase, Spark, Elastic etc.
- Hands-on experience with Microservices, Docker, Containers and Cloud Orchestration frameworks
- Candidate should be able to initiate and explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.